Monday, July 09, 2012

Bittersweet Goodbye

I am writing this blog with mixed emotions today. It's been a busy and anxious week since I last wrote on Canada Day. As I mentioned in one of my previous blogs, there had been a number of 'incidents' as I called them in the Eastern part of Kenya with regards to small scale terrorist attacks. After much debate from both the students and our partners back in Canada (the University, the NGO were are associated with, parents), it was recognized that there was an unpredictable level of risk associated with the escalation of attacks in the Eastern part of Kenya. Therefore, the University decided to make immediate plans for us to travel back to Canada. 
I arrived home on Friday night safe but tired. 
I wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to read my blog and appreciate all of those who posted comments. 
I look forward to catching up with everyone and will say so long for now.
Sunset in Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment